To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:24 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Cascading Location directives

Hello,

i cannot get a solution. One more try to get help from you.

What i want is authenticate everybody who is accessing my website, but
no authentication if URL starts with /public (by the way, the URLs are completely virtual and have no physical analogy):

 <Location ~ "^/">
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
   Allow from .myhost.com
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Tell me..."
   AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/.htpasswd
   AuthGroupFile /etc/apache2/.htgroups
   Require group admins
   Satisfy Any
 </Location>
 <Location ~ "^/public">
   Order deny,allow
   Allow from all
   Satisfy Any
 </Location>

I've tried a lot of different combinations, but this one looks like the
clearest to me. But it is not working at all :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Norman

--