Re: [users@httpd] CustomLog logs/access_log combined not working from within <IfModule log_config_module></IfModule>

Yes, I checked the module identifier in my httpd.conf file,
and that's where I came up with the psuedo-solution to your
problem.

The manual for this module says:

Apache Module mod_log_config

Module Identifier: log_config_module
Source File: mod_log_config.c

It looks like you need to use the full source code filename
for the <IfModule xyz.c> directive, and not the Module
identifier.

If you're not sure what name to use, just check the docs
for the source file name for a particular module. Hopefully,
that will stop any future problems like this occuring.

You probably don't need to clutter your httpd.conf file with
<IfModule> directives anyway, once you know what modules you
intend to keep using.

You could comment out any unused LoadModule directives for
your DSO's, and uncomment them when you want to add them to
your configuration file, with the appropriate directives.

Regards

Keith

In practice they are not.