Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap mod_auth_mysql on OS-X

Hi Wiliam. I've been reading up on modules and
authentication.

You may need to move the LDAP module so it comes after the
mysql_auth module, as each module is tested in reverse
order, i.e. last loaded module is higher priority and comes
first in the pecking order.

Accordingly, the way you have your modules listed, mysql
will have priority over the LDAP module. mod_access having
the lowest priority and being checked last, cause it's
first in the LoadModule listing.

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, William Paredes wrote:

> To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: William Paredes <paredes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap mod_auth_mysql on OS-X
>
> Greetings!
>
> Using these modules
> -------------------
> LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
>
> LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so
> LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so
> LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so
>
> LoadModule mysql_auth_module  modules/mod_auth_mysql.so

Arrange these modules in reverse order with the last
mentioned module having highest checking priority, and the
module first in the list has lowest priority, i.e. is tested
last.

Keith

In practice they are not.