Re: [users@httpd] how to get asp on apache ?(asap)

Have a look at "Sun Java System Active Server Pages" (formly Chilisoft)
http://www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/index.xml

It will let you run ASP (NOT ASP.NET) on Linux. I used it about 3-4 years ago when I made the switch from Windows(IIS) to Linux(Apache). Used it for a couple years until I got all my old ASP code converted to PHP.

PS It is not free enough, you have to purchase this software. But it works great.

Mark.

mohan devanoor wrote:

Thanks William, problem is solved with mod_perl but how to create any asp program to run on apache?????? Your help would be appreciated...

*/"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    mod_aspdotnet and mod_mono only support aspx - not asp. modperl
    also doesn't
    support 'vb' or other non-perl .asp pages, only asp pages in perl.

    Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
    > Hi Mohan,
    >
    > I have no experience with Apache::ASP but It's worth looking at
    mod_mono
    > that supports ASP .NET on Apache.
    >
    > Devraj
    >
    > mohan devanoor wrote:
    >
    >> hello all,
    >> i have apache 2.0.55 and perl. and i installed mod_perl in
    order to
    >> get asp run on my apache.
    &g t;> i copied eg/ folder to htdocs but couldnt get the asp page
    in IE.
    >> iam a newbie for apache::asp . can any one tell me the
    procedure to
    >> get asp page on my server.
    >> Your help would be appreciated...
    >> Thanks

    >> Brings words and photos together (easily) with
    >> PhotoMail
    >>
    >> - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

    > .

Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/viruscc/*http://communications.yahoo.com/features.php?page=221> helps detect nasty viruses!