Re: [users@httpd] Yet another Redirect/ RedirectMatch question

Hi.
Thanks for replying Joshua.  Sorry for delay in responding back.

Here is my redirect:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName maxim-toastmaster.com
Redirect / http://www.esalton.com/
</VirtualHost>

What is happening is that when I connect to http://maxim-toastmaster.com
I am being redirected to a 404 error page http://www.esalton.com/store/application.
This is an old page we had in our httpd.conf file and we removed it over a year ago.
The IP address for maxim-toastmaster.com is owned by us.
I don't know what the problem might be and why is it redirecting to the other location.

BTW, the NameVirtualHost is setup:
NameVirtualHost *:80

Appreciate you help.

Thanks

Joshua Slive <joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/25/06, Mukarram Sy ed wrote:
> All,
> I have been researching on this for the past 2 hours and haven't found a
> solution.
> Here is my issue.
> I want to redirect http://maxim-toastmaster.com to http://www.esalton.com
> This is what I have tried so far:
>
> 1.
>
> ServerName maxim-toastmaster.com
> RedirectMatch permanent ^/$ http://www.esalton.com/
>

> 2.
>
> ServerName maxim-toastmaster.com
> Redirect permanent / http://www.esalton.com/
>

> 3.
> Redirect /maxim-toastmaster.com http://www.esalton.com/
>
> None of these options worked.

Not a good problem description. What exactly happened when you tried
them? Either of the first two examples should work, although they
affect a different set of URLs. The last one is wrong.

One thing to look at: Make sure you have a NameVirtualHost *:80 directive.

Joshua.