From: java_nutt@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java_nutt@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:43 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Multiple httpd instances on startup? (OS X)

---- "Axel-Stéphane  SMORGRAV" <Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What do you mean by "instances"??
>
> Do you mean that there are 5 httpd processes?
>
> Could you list the output of "httpd -l" and the value of your StartServers configuration parameter?
>
> -ascs

hugo:~ james$ httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_so.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

I'm not sure what you mean by StartServices configuration parameter, though.  This was a basic install with no extra configuration.  Followed the directions in the httpd docs on httpd.apache.org to the letter.  Where can I find config info on StartServices?

James