Re: [users@httpd] file preprocessing

On 1/25/06, Садреев Айрат Алмазович <SadreevAA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I set up mod_rewrite so that certain files downloaded via mod_proxy from other websites. Now I need to process the downloaded files via external program and return to client.
>
> The ideal scenario is:
>
> 1. Client requests file
> 2. Caching module (mod_cache?) looks whether the requested file was updated on external server. If now, the file is returned to client from cache.
> If yes or file is not in cache, file is downloaded via mod_proxy, external processing program is called, files is put in cache and then is returned to client.
>
> How this scenario can be implemented?

It can be done, but it won't be simple.  What kind of external
processing do you want?  One option is mod_ext_filter, which can be
inserted in the filter chain between the proxy and the client.  If I
were you, I would work on getting this going, and only after I was
sure it worked, would I try to add mod_cache+mod_disk_cache to do the
caching part.

Joshua.