Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 on RedHat EL 4 - httpd process will not start

Title: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 on RedHat EL 4 - httpd process will not start
Kermit,

You don’t lunch it under the non-privileged account.  You luanch it under root and then Apache will change the thread to run under the user your specify under the configuration file.  As mentioned before, non-privileged users CANNOT create a tcp listener under port 1024 without being root.  This is why you need to originally start the application as such.

Gary