Re: [users@httpd] Follow symbolic links: report symbolic link names vs. real names

Joshua,

I just found that I was trying to use symbolic links for something they cannot be used for. I am using rewrite rules instead now.

Thanks anyway for your answer.

David

Joshua Slive wrote:
On 1/20/06, David Knecht <david.knecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to configure Apache 2.0.52 on Linux to follow symbolic
links to directories.

The directory names I am using are defined as symbolic links on the file
system. The "FollowSymLinks" parameter is configured in httpd.conf.

According to /var/log/httpd/error_log the symbolic links are followed
correctly, but the log file shows the real directory names not the
symbolic ones (which is why my CGI script fails to run).

Please be more specific about exactly what your CGI scripts expect and
exactly what they get.

Joshua.