Re: [users@httpd] error 10048 during Apache 2 installation with SSL

whoops sorry about the mcafee thing... i guess i didnt see your error message properly. this looks like same problem again. why dont you download tcpview and check out which applications are using which sockets. its available at http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

and btw to respond to your earlier message on apache and ssl this distribution is the best i've found so far for windows. its a perl + modperl + php + apache + ssl combined binary available at http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/perl/win32-bin/ its still at apache 2.0.54 though.
----- Original Message -----
From: P.M
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] error 10048 during Apache 2 installation with SSL

Basically, it was because IIS used the same IP....

now it's ok, but I have another problem after configuration of SSL.
check the attached screenshot.

I've checked with port scanner, and this port (443) is not used by any application. i do not have a firewall also...
what can it be ?

thanks a lot,
Maileen

Emmanuel E <emmanuel.e@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I've found that these errors occur if you have McAfee antivirus installed. After a lot of debugging I found that McAfee replaces the tcp/ip stack on windows. There is no option to disable t his while installing mcafee or even later on. A lot of open source programs fail to run when mcafee is installed - havent figured out why. If you have mcafee installed try uninstalling it and then installing apache. Hope this helps. If youre successful do let me know.
Cheers,
Emmanuel