Re: [users@httpd] Configuring Apache2 with Tomcat 5.5

vince maxey wrote:
Thank you for your reply Deitmar.

I do have mod_jk.conf in Tomcat 5.5/conf/auto.  I also
have mod_jk.so in Apache2/modules.  Based on what I've
read and the instructions I've followed, I'm fairly
certain that I have all required files and config
references in place for both Tomcat and Apache.

I modified the Apache document root per your
suggestion and I do now get a browser-interpreted
presentation of an index page with Apache when I
simply enter the server IP address (192.168.1.5).
However, when I attempt to add folders and pages to
this path (192.168.1.5/path/page.jsp) I get the
message Page cannot be found.

You mention jk_mount.

I didn't read anything regarding specifying jk_mount
directives when following installation instructions.
Within mod_jk.conf I see many references to Tomcat
example jsp pages (i.e. JkMount
/jsp-examples/include/foo.jsp  ajp13) so I'm getting
the feeling that I need to add my files onto this
document.

To confirm this, I typed
http://192.168.1.5/jsp-examples/include/foo.jsp and
I'm still getting 'Page not found'.  I will begin
researching this file and what I need to do.

I guess I don't have a solid grasp on what to use as
Apache root and then how to link it to the Tomcat
application pages I have developed.

I will do some more research from here, but perhaps
you can offer a bit more insight on what my
configuration is lacking.

thanks again

--- Dietmar.Mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

I look over your config and I've two questions:

1st: Are in /auto/mod_jk.conf the jk_mount
directives?

2nd: You set Dookument root to the same directory
where
tomcat has the applications. You have now 2 ways to
find the path to the tomcat applications. One way is
over
the classic static way ( and I think this is way why
you get
the source!) and the other way is over jk. Pls
change the
document root and try again.

regards Dietmar

vince maxey <vamax27@xxxxxxxxx> am 10.01.2006