Re: [users@httpd] Max number of connections from a single client to a server.

Ok, let me explain the problem a bit.

And the test application that I am trying to build is doing several webrequest to a single server for data upload/update/download. But when I am making many threads and requesting for something in each thread some requests time out. So what I think is happening is that the application makes two persistent connection to the server(keepalive option is true), and queue the requests in each connection, and some requests after waiting for some time times out.This is the problem I am facing.

I tried to solve it by making more than two persistent connections to the server(say N-by doing some grouping of my requests). But then how many simultaneous connection can a server handle.

The HTTP/1.1 specification limits the number of connections from an application to two connections per server.

I think the issue is a bit clearer now.

Thanks for all these suggestions.

On 1/10/06, Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 10 January 2006 10:58, Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV wrote:
>  After re-reading the original post, I observe the mention of "from a
> single client".
>
> There is nothing that limits the number of connections from any particular
> client.

AIUI mod_evasive (formerly mod_dosevasive) lets you do that.
It's a third-party module, and I'm sure google will find it.

--
Nick Kew