Re: [users@httpd] Beginning Apache 2 setup

Have you sent up a directory container in your httpd.conf
file to give apache access to the said directory?

like:

<Directory path/to/your/dir>
  Options None
  Options Indexes
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from localhost
  Allow from
</Directory>

Also, if you want to allow access to the directories in
/home/user/public_html, you will need to enable load and
enable mod_userdir, as these directories are usually outside
of the normal document root path. see Apache Module
mod_userdir for details.

Keith