[users@httpd] non-rpm, 2.2x autonomous server binary config for RH9?

I want a non-rpm (ie, something like a .tar.gz collection), autonomously-running (ie: includes all the apr-utils and everything else I need to run a basic Apache server) binary httpd collection for httpd rev 2.2x that I can run in a "utility" manner (ie, a secondary httpd server mapped to alternative ports like 4343 or 8080) in addition to an existing httpd server I have running on my machine.

Details:

I'm trying to download a 4.8GB file from my server, and my sftp connection for some reason is running at 1/5 the speed of my https connection. Problem is that my 2.0.52 httpd does not read greater-then-2GB files, and therefore I can't use https to download said file (securely, or in any other fashion--and I need to do this transfer securely).

I'd like to run a 2.2x httpd server (on alternative ports) in addition to my 2.0.52 httpd server so I can get around this isssue.

Thing is, I don't want to have rebuild 2.2x from source, and I don't want to load an rpm (and have said rpm overwrite my existing, 2.0.52 httpd).

Any options? Can I get a .tar.gz binary set (for my Redhat 9 machine) that I can extra, configure, and run separate on ports like 4343 (as per the tailored httpd.conf)? Where can I get something like this? I have yet to find anything.

Thanks for any help,
-Matt