Re: [users@httpd] reverse proxy with cache ...

On 12/20/05, Wim.Van.Leuven@xxxxxx <Wim.Van.Leuven@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Doesn't the cache verify the last mod times of the remote URLs?

It can probably do this, with the appropriate http response headers
(Cache-control: must-revalidate), but is that what you really want?
What is the point of the cache if it needs to make a request to the
origin server every time?

> If configuring the max-age=0 is there still functionality in the caching or will it continuously expire?

I'm talking about using that http request header in a client-side
request for the purpose of purging the cache.  I'm not talking about
sending that as an http response header.

> How can we control the headers in the source server?

Is it apache?  If so, you can use mod_expires or mod_headers.

Joshua.