[users@httpd] strange cache problem with Apache

We have set up an Apache web server on our dedicated linux server, but are
experiencing some strange issues with cache. First, the details:

Linux server, running Mandriva Linux 2006.
Apache 2.0.54 with the following rpms installed:

apache-mod_disk_cache-2.0.54-13mdk
apache-mod_suexec-2.0.54-4mdk
apache-conf-2.0.54-12mdk
apache-doc-2.0.54-2mdk
apache-base-2.0.54-13mdk
apache-mpm-prefork-2.0.54-13mdk
apache-mod_proxy-2.0.54-13mdk
apache-mod_ssl-2.0.54-6mdk
apache-mod_php-2.0.54_5.0.4-4mdk
apache-modules-2.0.54-13mdk
apache-mod_cache-2.0.54-13mdk
apache-mod_perl-2.0.54_2.0.1- 6mdk

We have set up our web server with the domain www.geosystem.us.
We have aliased our other names to the web server, using the following
lines in our httpd.conf file:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.geosystem.us
ServerAlias geosystem.us www.geosystem.net www.geosystem.it www.gsy-usa.com
VirtualDocumentRoot /var/www/html/www.geosystem.us/web/
VirtualScriptAlias /var/www/html/www.geosystem.us/cgi/
</VirtualHost>

www.geosystem.net, www.geosystem.it, etc all point to our web server address.

The problem: when we update some of the html files in the document root,
those changes do not become immediately observable when we try to load
the web page unless we clear /var/cache/httpd first (regardless of whether we
clear the cache in our web browsers).

Even stranger, we only experience this problem with one of the aliased
domain names (www.geosystem.net). The others work fine.

Is this a configuration issue, or some other issue?

Is there a way to set up the cache, or set the cache to zero? In other words,
why does Apache cache the files? If they are changed, why doesn't Apache serve
up the new files?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Randy M.