RE: [users@httpd] Apache2 not running

Open a dos prompt cd down to the apache/bin/   folder(the folder with
the apache.exe in it)and run:

apache -k start

You should now have apache running, verify it is.

If spache starts and runs correctly, run

apache -k install

You should now see either a new apache in Services.  Make sure the
service is set to automatically start(if that's what you want)