RE: [users@httpd] Apache2 not running

Look in control Panel\administrative Tools\services off the start
button.  You probably have a Apache Service in there.  Right click and
look at the properties.  It should have a path to executable something
like this:

"C:\WebCore2\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k runservice

Check and make sure the path is correct.

If not, open a dos prompt cd down to the apache/bin folder and run

apache -k install

You should now see either a new apache in Services or the one in there
is pointing to the right exe.  Make sure the service is set to
automatically start(if that's what you want) and start the service, you
can also start apache by typing

Apache -k start

At the dos prompt or check by re-booting windows.