Re: [users@httpd] mod_include question

Thank's Joshua
Hello

I want allow to use the <!--#include virtual="..." --> directive for
including
ordinary html code (no SSI). In the httpd.conf file I have the following
statements.

  LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
  <Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks +Includes

Never mix plussed and non-plussed options.  I think what you want is
Options FollowSymLinks Includes

I tried it with + and without. This was just my last attempt.

    AllowOverride None
  </Directory>

Anfortunatelly the following does not work

It looks like you missed the AddOutputFilter part of the configuration:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/ssi.html#configuring

I also played around with this keywords. I guess it should not be necessary
because I don't want to include server side include files but ordinary html
text. But however I also tried

  AddType text/html .shtml .txt
  AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml .txt

but nothing changed.

(If that is not the problem, make sure you check your error log.)

No error is reported. It seems as if everything is correct. But I don't get the
desired result.

Pedro