RE: [users@httpd] PHP Prolem

I had a similar problem.  I added
   php_flag engine on
to the appropriate <Directory     sections and since then all has been
well.  I must say that for a long time I never had any problems with php
but at some point every now and then (and it was not consistent) the
browser would display the php code instead of actually running it.  Ever
since I added    php_flag engine on   to the config file, I have not had
the problem.
We are running apache 2.0.55 with mod_ssl 2.0.55, openSL 0.9.7g, php,
php 4.3.3, and mod_perl 2.0.1.
Hope this helps.

>>> todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 12/9/2005 3:46 PM:
> I apologize for my ignorance but I still cannot make this work. Can
> someone please offer specific direction on how to edit the .conf file

> to allow my appache server to properly display php files in
browsers?

> Thanks
> Todd
>
> ________________________________

trying to
> install Zen-Cart and when I access the appropriate directory the
result
> is a directory listing. The directions indicate that if you get a
> directory listing you should speak to your Hosting Site about how to

> setup your server to auto-detect PHP filename extensions.
>
> 		So since I am the host, how do I configure Apache to
auto-detect PHP
> filename extensions?
>
> 		Thanks
> 		Todd
>
> 		This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential
and
> privileged
> 		information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the
> 		sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail
and destroy
> any
> 		copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by
a person
> other
> 		than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be
illegal.

users-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> 	This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and
> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please

> notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail
and
> destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a

> person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be
> illegal.
>

> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and
privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the
> sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy
any
> copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person
other
> than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
malki.cymbalista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08-934-3036