[users@httpd] SSL environment variable SSL_CLIENT_CERT as http header with mod_rewrite

Hello,

I am configuring apache 2.0.54 as a revproxy that handles
authentication based on client certificates.
Now my customer running the backend application requests to see
the client certificates as a whole.

After googling around i stumbled over a method mentioned
by Brian Hughes on this mailinglist
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200506.mbox/%3C529e02882227c3dcb217b7b1b41c0715@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3E

This works fine for almost all the SSL variables mentioned
on http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC24

However, i only get the first line of SSL_CLIENT_CERT while
the client certificate has multiple lines..

Maybe i am not really used to certificates. Maybe i expect
too much of mod_rewrite. But generally i thought http headers
could be repeated, so it should basically be possible to get
the file into the headers.

So the question is: Is this a feature or a bug and has someone
a hint for me, how to pass on the certificate to the
backend application?

best regards,

Christian

--