Re: [users@httpd] Is there something like an <IfEnv> directive?

On 12/8/05, Jason Martens <jmartens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 21:11 -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > On 12/7/05, Jason Martens <jmartens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I want to be able to include or exclude parts of my configuration based
> > > on whether I am in the SSL virtual host, or the regular port 80 virtual
> > > host.  Is there some way to do something like this:
> > > SetEnv thisHost HTTP
> > >
> > > <IfEnv thisHost=HTTP>
> > >         Stuff
> > > </IfEnv>
> > >
> > > I know there is no <IfEnv> directive, but is there another way to
> > > accomplish this without it?
> >
> > Just put those directives inside the <VirtualHost> section for the
> > relevant host.
>
> What I would really like to do is have one file that I can include in
> both my ssl virtual host and my non-ssl virtual host, and be able to
> specify specific areas of the config to disable or enable depending on
> if they are in the ssl host or the regular host.  I have a lot of
> strange applications, some of which require ssl and some that don't, and
> some that only require it if the user is coming from the internet.  The
> ability to manage this all from a single file would make my life much
> easier because I would not have to maintain the configuration in two
> separate places.
>
> Does that make sense? Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Well, there are lots of ways to organize your config file.  That
particular organization is not supported by apache.  It could be
easily accomplished using config pre-processing, or with one of the
configuration-extension modules available from
http://modules.apache.org/ like mod_macro or mod_define.

Joshua.