RE: [users@httpd] Problem when mixing NameVirtualHost + non with SSL - "Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Boyle Owen wrote:
I think you need to post the VH segments from your config...

I'd rather not clutter up the list, I do have quite a few of them...

Your set up is clearly quite complicated and it's impossible to see what the error is based just on descriptions. My interpretation so far is that you have a VH somewhere which is defined as SSL but which does not contain an SSLCertificateFile directive.

They all do, and here's how I can be sure:
SSL-A - virtual host on .20:443
SSL-B - virutal host on .21:443
SSL-C - virtual host on .22:443
.23:443 name virutal host
  SSL-D name virtual host
  SSL-E name virtual host

SSL-A + SSL-B + SSL-C works
SSL-A + SSL-B + SSL-C + SSL-D works
SSL-D + SSL-E works
SSL-A + SSL-B + SSL-C + SSL-D + SSL-E fails with
  "Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"

So each individual virtual host works on its own

If no-one else has attempted anything like this, I'll put together a simple set of config files + certifcates + keys for people to play with

I'm also half tempted to try and make that error message more useful. Anyone know much about that area of code, or should I just dive in?

Cheers
Nick