[users@httpd] mod_proxy_connect HTTP CONNECT to localhost ports only -- not working

Hi to All!

I am having trouble with configuring mod_proxy_connect
so that I can only "AllowCONNECT port_a ... port_z"
where the ports are on *localhost* only.

I tried directives from httpd 2.0 manual, but failed.
Search in MARC archives/google seems to have no close
match, and now I seek your help as I hope some of you
might have already encountered such situation.

The env:
Server version: Apache/2.0.53
Server built:   Apr 20 2005 18:46:06
On NetBSD 1.5

The conf part:

ProxyRequests On
ProxyVia On
<Proxy *>   //please see below other directives tried
and failed
	Order deny,allow
	Allow from all
</Proxy>
Noproxy 192.168.167.106
AllowCONNECT 23 3082 3083

Base problem is that I want to allow connections to
ports on localhost only, and NOT to other remote host
port, as that is a security hole in my case.

Also even if I wanted otherwise, I do not find a way
to make (remote-)host-specific AllowCONNECT. Do I have
a way?

(I generate my conf runtime to match my application
port#, and other remote host does not necessarily have
same port#.)

Here is how I test, and note that I am able to make
connection to 192.168.167.113 port 23, which I do not
want to happen when trying the proxy on
192.168.167.106 httpd.

$ telnet 192.168.167.106 80
Trying 192.168.167.106...
Connected to x.int.y.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
CONNECT 192.168.167.113:23 HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.167.113:23

HTTP/1.0 200 Connection Established
Proxy-agent: Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.53
OpenSSL/0.9.6m DAV/2

MyBoxXXX(YYY) booted Sat Dec  3 02:37:23 PST 2005, up
for 82:20:23

------------I tried these directives--------
ProxyBlock * // connects to none
Noproxy // connects to none
ProxyVia off //no change
<Proxy localhost > //connects to everything

<Proxy *>   //of course i don't want that, connects to
all.

The following had same outcome.

<Proxy localhost.localdomain>
<Proxy localhost.localdomain:80>
<Proxy http://localhost.localdomain:80>

<ProxyMatch http://localhost*>
<ProxyMatch http://localhost.*>
<ProxyMatch localhost.localdomain.*>
<ProxyMatch localhost.localdomain:80.*>
<ProxyMatch http://localhost.localdomain:80.*>

I expect some directive/regex to solve this problem
with a preference to use "localhost" in regex part, if
I have to, instead of using IP address. I really
appreciate a simple solution, including any kind
response. Regards,

Ashis