[users@httpd] Re: windows binaries

Stanley W wrote:
> When the Apache 2.2.0 binaries for Windows will be available for download?

The httpd project provides binary builds for various platforms as a courtesy
to users, where interest exists by a committer.  You can look forward to a
binary distribution for Win32 from me midweek, this week, although others
already have built binaries for win32 that might be obtained elsewhere, and
of course you can build them yourself (I recommend you wait for the patch that
I mention below).  All binaries are the efforts of individual committers, so
they have no specific timetable, and the project maintains no committement to
provide them.

An irc contributor pointed out a flaw over the weekend in the Makefile.win
used to build httpd for win32, which will be corrected before these files
are made generally available.  [This is in addition to the first identified
flaw in the build schema.]  This source package will be in the /dist/httpd
location for all tarballs, named httpd-2.2.0-win32-src-rev2.zip once ready.

The plan is not to ship until we resolve SSL issues, provided we can do so
very promptly, where an ssl-flavor binary would be ready to go at the same
time.  I may have the final resolution from ASF's legal eagle on that, Monday.

cc'ing users@, as this is of general interest.

Yours,

Bill