[users@httpd] Virtual Hosting with DAV and LDAP

Hi gang,

I'm trying to set up dynamically configured vhosts with an LDAP auth store. I have mod_ldap_auth and mod_vhost_alias working. I'm able to create virtual hosts by creating a directory, and auth from LDAP.

One of my questions is whether there is a way to require group membership for auth within such a virtual directory. Ideally, the same mechanism used for directory interpolation would be used to locate an LDAP group and use inclusion in that group as decision criteria. I realize that there are ways of doing this by creating extra configuration files and/or .htaccess files, but would like to avoid these if possible.

Another related question is how the same thing could be done for write permissions in WebDAV.

Thanks kindly for any thoughts on this subject.

Brian