[users@httpd] Internet Web Server/Client Guru needed!!

Hi...

I'm working on a project, and need to know if there's anyone who's a guru
with Web Server/Client interactions. Basically, I'm trying to get a much
better/deeper understanding of the HTTP protocols defining the information
that is sent/transfered between the web server/client browser apps.

I'm also interested in understanding what the various information is that
gets transfered between the apps, as well as understanding what information
can be spoofed/altered on the client side, as it goes back to the server.

I know about the querystring information (post/get/request/etc...). I'm more
interested in the information that can be sent/viewed behind the scenes like
header, ip addresses, mac addresses, machine IDs, etc... I'm also trying to
understand just how much information can be seen by the web srever, from the
browser/client app. At the same time, I'm curious as to just what the web
server can get from the client app. All of this applies to me trying to get
a better understanding of 'man in the middle attacks' as they apply to
server/browser communications.

Searching google isn't getting me what i really want!!

So, if you have the skills/expertise in this area, and you're willing to
talk to me for a few minutes, I'd appreciate it. As stated, the underlying
reason for the questions is to get a better understanding of 'man in the
middle attacks' as this applies to web server apps.

Thanks

bruce
bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx