Re: [users@httpd] problem using Apache with Zope

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Joshua Slive wrote:

On 11/12/05, Faheem Mitha <faheem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

         <Proxy *>
                 Order deny,allow
                 Deny from all
                 #Allow from .your_domain.com
         </Proxy>

I didn't read your problem report in detail, but if you want to proxy
requests, you're not going to have much luck with that "Deny from all"
in there.

Yes, I thought it likely something in the proxy was the problem. Is it safe to change this to

Allow from all

or should I go with something more restrictive?

Judging from the documentation at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

this is safe since I have not enabled forward proxying but only reverse proxying.

Thanks for your help. These things always appear obvious in hindsight.

                                                               Faheem.