Re: [users@httpd] basic auth config

Joshua Slive wrote:
On 11/10/05, Mike Dewhirst <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2) looking at the wrong config file;

Not sure about that. I'm gunna strip things back and try to start from
scratch.

Lets go back to what Nick asked you.  Your answer to him was
ambiguous.  When you put some random garbage in the config file (like
a directive FooBar that doesn't exist) and restarted the server, did
you or did you not receive an error message saying that there was a
syntax error.  If not, you are not editting the correct config file.

I had to go out when I wrote 'I'm gunna ...' (above) and I have just got back after a tough day.

I did put some klslxlkfgdskhg garbage in and nothing strange happened. Nothing showed up in the error_log. I totally agree with your deduction that I'm editing the wrong file and I'll tip-toe through all the changes I made since day one and see if I can see a foo poops which might have caused it.

Thanks again

Mike

Joshua.