Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2/Mod_JK 1.2 Slow File Download

Yes, I forgot to mention that since I wrote the post I've tried mod_jk 1.2.14 with no change in result. The hardware we are using is an HP Proliant DL-380, standard config, purchased late last year.

I'll investigate Apache 2.0.55 and see if that helps - thanks for the info.

Regards,
Guy

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Guy Knights wrote:

- compiling and installing the latest mod_jk connector (1.2.6) and testing this with a test copy of apache (2.0.54) and the same copy of tomcat. This didn't solve the problem.

mod_jk 1.2.6 is nearly as old and stale as 1.2.4 that you really don't
want to be using.  Strongly advise you look at something maintained, say,
in the past year?  1.2.15 I believe is current.

You don't mention platform/hardware - this is not good if you want any
answers.  Note that 2.0.55 Apache included brand new releases of apr and
apr-util, the portability runtimes.  They include a number of changes in
autodetection of poll vs select and any number of other side effects which
could explain the problem you are having on your random platform.

Bill

Guy Knights
Computer Systems Officer
Library Systems