Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_cache

On 11/9/05, Matthew R. Hamilton <matthew.hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Josh, I enabled LogLevel debug and below is the output from the error log:

> And when the browser requests the images again.  I assume since I see age
> values in the reply that these messages are just part of the debug information.

Well, those are pretty confusing because I see no indication of stuff
getting served from the cache.  You should really at least upgrade to
the latest 2.0 version, which should be a drop-in replacement for what
you've got.  But I can't guarantee you'd get clearer messages there,
because I've only tried it with 2.1 (which is not quite a drop in
replacement for 2.0, but is not a difficult upgrade either).

> From the access log.  The value for %{Age}o is in between "--> <--".  Is this
> value age of the item in the cache?  Also some of the Age values are "_".  Does
> this mean that they aren't being cached?

Yes, this is the number of seconds since the cache for this item has
been refreshed and indicates that the response was served from the
cache.  The "-" indicates that there was no Age header, and that tells
you that the response was not served from the cache.

Joshua.