Re: [users@httpd] apache2/mod_ssl

Susan Roesner RZ wrote:
I am using Solaris 10, apache 2.0.55 and openssl 0.9.7i to compile apache with mod_ssl and mod_so using the following commands
./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache --with-ssl=/opt/web/ssl097i --enable-ss
l --enable-rewrite --enable-so

The compilation/install proccess was fine. After the installation I looked into the modules folder - no ssl module installed. Also no entries in http.conf for ssl.

I think it might have been built as a static module, not a dynamic one.
Do "httpd -l" to check it out: if it appears there, it's static.

I use the following to make sure that mod_ssl is built dynamically, on Solaris 8, 9 & 10:
LDFLAGS='-R/usr/local/openssl/lib' \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/httpd-2.0.55 \
  --enable-mods-shared=all \
  --enable-so \
  --enable-ssl \
  --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl

Note the --enable-mods-shared=all.

So I looked into config.log. There I found the only error messages concerning ssl - I guess it is the reason why no mod_ssl was installed. Unfortunately I cannot interpret the following error messages nor find something in google. Maybe someone can point me into the right direction.

I think it's irrelevant here. SSL_set_state is not a symbol in OpenSSL 0.9.7i (I checked using nm). It has a SSL_state, though.

The ./configure script is probably trying to check which version of the SSL library is installed, and the result is positive anyway:

configure:11110: checking whether to enable mod_ssl
configure:11122: result: yes (default)

But you might look more closely at the output, it says somewhere if modules are built dyanmically (I don't have an example right now).

HTH,

Laurent