Re: [users@httpd] RedirectMatch Question

Joshua Slive wrote:
On 11/6/05, Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK - how would I do this?

I'm migrating my mailman server to another computer and I'm changing the
URL and I want to redirect from the old URL to the new one. The old
server has many virtual domains and here what I want to do:

http://www.churchofreality.org/mailman/*  --->
http://mailman.churchofreality.org/*

I'm confused about how to do this and figure that someone out there has
this down.

Redirect permanent /mailman http://mailman.churchofreality.org

Joshua.

OK - thanks for your help, but I didn't explain this very well.

What I really want to do is this:

http://www.(.*)/mailman/(.*) --> http://mailmam.$1/$2

What I want to do is preserve the host part after the www and substiture mailman for www and lose the mailman on the end. I should have been clearer.

So - this would also work:

http://www.ctyme.com/mailman./* --> http://mailman.ctyme.com/*

Not sure what kind of redirect lets you change the host part too.