From: news [mailto:news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric B.
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 1:28 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse not working in <Location>

Hi,

I'm struggling to get Apache to work properly as a Proxy to an internal
server.  I have two copies of the same application running on this
internal
server (both ASP applications running on IIS) that I need to access via
different URLs.  I have managed to configure on and got it working
without
problems, but it is the second one that is causing me the problem.

Here is my config file
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName www.domain.com
   DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/www.domain.com"

# Production Server
<Location /ASPTest/>
        ProxyPassReverse /
</Location>
        ProxyPass               /ASPTest/ http://192.168.100.1/

# Development & Test Server
<Location /dev/ASPTest/>
        ProxyPassReverse /
</Location>
        ProxyPass               /dev/ASPTest/ http://192.168.100.1:8080/
</VirtualHost>

The ASP application's default.aspx page has a button that redirects the
user
to intro.aspx
( Response.Redirect("intro.aspx") )

Now, accessing the server as www.domain.com/ASPTest/ works without
problems.
I see the application running on 192.168.100.1 properly.  When I click
the
submit button on the default.aspx page, I get redirected to
http://www.domain.com/ASPTest/intro.aspx.  And so on.  This applications
works perfectly well.

However, when I try to access http://www.domain.com/dev/ASPTest/, I run
into
problems.  The default page loads fine and shows me default.aspx from
port
8080.  However, when I click the submit button on it, I get redirected
the same page as the non-development one -
http://www.domain.com/ASPTest/intro.aspx.  So from that point on, I am
no
longer working with the development code and back to the live production
one.

I tried to use ProxyPassReverse without the <Location> headers, but it
doesn't work at all as soon as it receives the Response.Redirect() code.

Instead, I get the browser redirected to
http://www.domain.com/intro.aspx,
which obviously does not exist.  I've also tried using ProxyPassReverse
http://192.168.100.1/ in the <Location> tag, but that too does not work
- I
get the browser redirected to http://www.domain.com/intro.aspx.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?  Why is my redirect
from
/dev/ASPTest/ getting redirected to /ASPTest/ instead?

Thanks!

Eric