Re: [users@httpd] Flag to enable reading plain ASCII

The Apache error_log tells me, on many lines,
"Directory index forbidden by rule."  The directories mentioned
are all deep in the database, indicating that they come from a
search engine's stored data because no one today can go that
deep into the database, though it used to be visible and
visitable when the engines stored the records.

How can I make the rule change to permit access to the
directory index?  It was done before, but not by me, and I
am unable to contact the person who did it.

Without this access, the page which was getting several
thousand hits a day is now almost useless.

Thanks for any help.

Ben

From:  Ben Gardiner
Return address:  bengard@xxxxxxxxx