From: Joshua Slive [mailto:jslive@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 1:24 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] web_dav with Apache 2-0-55 on Solaris
returning HTTP 301 315 error codes

On 10/21/05, Annie Hamel <Annie.Hamel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have installed Apache 2_0_55 on a Solaris machine and included
> mod_dav/mod_dav_fs in the modules.  After I configured Apache and
started
> it, I tried to use the methods in some of our own application Java
code.
> The code is trying to create a new instance of WebDavResource object
using
> the constructor as shown here:
>

> 162.99.999.99 - - [20/Oct/2005:15:10:04 -0400] "PROPFIND /vss/vssdocs
> HTTP/1.1" 301 315  "-" "Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/2.0final"

> DAVLockDB /usr/local/apache/DAVLock
>

> <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
>
>     DAV On
>
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>
>     AllowOverride None
>
>     Order allow,deny
>
>     Allow from all
>
> </Directory>
>

> <Location /usr/local/apache/htdocs>
>
>     DAV On
>
>     AuthType Basic
>
>     AuthName DAV
>
>     AuthUserFile vss.passwd
>
> </Location>

The 301 status code indicates a redirect.  This indicates that your
DAV client doesn't properly handle redirects.  See the
redirect-carefully env variable, which you can set using

BrowserMatch "Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/2.0final" redirect-carefully

If you can verify that it is a client problem, you should report it to
whomever wrote the dav client library.

Also note that your <Location> section is completely wrong.
Everything in there should simply be included in the above <Directory>
section.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/sections.html#file-and-web

Joshua.