Re: [users@httpd] index/directories leave me vulnerable

Also, in your first <directory> "directive", turn off indexes, that should stop the users from seeing an index. Again, as josh has said, just make sure that php is parsing the file, and that index.php is set to be  a directory index, (like index.html)

On 10/13/05, Joshua Slive <jslive@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/13/05, paul johnson <p_jay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i have set up a simple guestbook php script. the index.php contains the
> admin password and this file is quite freely available if someone just went
> to the guestbook/  directory and downloaded  the file..
>
> is it possible to make it so people cant view directories/index's on my
> site. ive spent a good while looking for information relating to this but i
> cant find any.

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ.html#indexes

But I think you have a deeper problem.  Why is guestbook.php
downloadable?  It should be processed by php so that the source code
should not be available for download.  Check you php config.

Joshua.