Re: [users@httpd] Apache stalling when serving certain files

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 01:22:22PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > I have a server running Gentoo with Apache 2.0.54. When servering up
> > certain files Apache sends headers but no data. So far it has only
> > happened when with image files (JPEG and PNG). Not all image files are
> > problematic, only some - I have a dir with three JPEG files taken
> > directly from my digicam and two works, but the last has this problem. I
> > can access the file just fine, the permissions are correct and I can
> > download the file over FTP without a problem. No problems are shown in
> > error_log.
> > I have been unable to find any posts about this kind of problem and have
> > now exhausted my Apache knowledge. What could be the problem here and
> > how can I debug this problem?
> Can we see a complete response that shows this problem?  Is the status code 200?

Yes, it is code 200.

Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...
Connected to domain.not.shown.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /pics/000_0540.JPG HTTP/1.1
Host: sub.domain.net

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:54:05 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:44:14 GMT
ETag: "2749c1-ab70f-c9407780"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

And then nothing more happens. Again this is only with some pictures,
although it seems to have spread - all of a sudden a large number of
picture-files are unable to be transfered via Apache.

> One thing to try is
> EnableSendfile Off

That didn't change anything, the problem persists.

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD4DEFED0