Re: [users@httpd] No Luck wuth VirtualHosts

On 10/6/05, Nick Jones <nickj6282@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Both myDomain.com and test.myDomain.com point to the
> > IP address of my cable
> > modem. (They have real names I'm not showing here.)
> >
> > >Are you restarting the server after every change?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Ken
>
> Ken,
>
> Try adding a "ServerAlias" directive to each of your
> vhost containers. So add:
>
> ServerAlias MyDomain.com (to the MyDomain vhost)
> ServerAlias test.MyDomain.com (to the test vhost)
>
> Then restart apache and see if that helps.

No, that shouldn't be necessary.

The most likely cause of this is that the cable modem is stripping (or
rewriting) the Host header and not simply forwarding packets.  That
means that apache doesn't have the information to do name-based
virtual hosting.  You can confirm that by logging the Host header in
the access log.

Joshua.