[users@httpd] Lost connection to localhost

Hello:

I had everything working well on Fedora Core 3 and Apache 2.0.52. Then I tried to set up two virtual hosts without success. When I rebooted the machine the next day, I had lost my connection to localhost and I cannot get it back. I can ping localhost on the local machine but I cannot reach it via the browser. I get the error "The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost."

This is the same whether the firewall is enabled or not.

I have tried various host configs including:

127.0.0.1 myDomain.com localhost.localdomain localhost asus

and
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost asus

and
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost asus
192.168.1.108 myDomain.com

and
192.168.1.108 myDomain.com
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost asus

before it failed the first of these was the best performing.

I have tried various addresses for the httpd.conf file, using myDomain.com and 192.168.1.108 in the directives for server name and listen, NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost, appending the port :80.

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot get to localhost from my browser, or why for that matter the machine cannot connect to mySQL thru localhost?

Thanks,

Ken