RE: [users@httpd] https configuration issue on solaris box

Seems to be SSL week...

You are trying to connect to a plain HTTP server with HTTPS. In other words, you haven't enabled SSL on your server. Questions:

- did you enable SSL when you compiled apache?
- have you "Listen 443"
- have you defined an SSL VH?
	- with SSLEngine on, SSLCert etc...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> error in error log.
>
> I am trying to configure https on a solaris operating
> system.
>
> Apache was already installed on that machine. when i
> start apachectl start , only http is running,
> ps -ef|grep https shows nothing.
>
> I am not sure how to debug the issue, i want to avoid
> a fresh installation. I am trying to open-ssl(
> openssl-0.9.7g-sol9) for using https.
>
> Apache version is 2.0
>
> Could you please help me to debug the issue.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Aravind

> Yahoo! for Good
> Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.