[users@httpd] Modifying mod_access

Hi,

I have a problem that I need to fix with Apache and wasn't sure if I
should post to the users list or the developers list because it's quite
technical. If I've come to the wrong place, please give me a kick in the
right direction :)

I'm using a program called SBox under Apache 2.0.54. It's similar to
cgiwrapper which more of you may be aware of. It is allowing me to serve
many different websites from a single virualhost whilst keeping the
process ownership functionality of suexec.

The problem is, I have to use mod_rewrite for all my cgi scripts and php
scripts to change the path to them as follows:

/home/web/domain.com/htdocs/test.php

Rewrites to:

/usr/sbin/sbox-php/home/web/domain.com/htdocs/test.php

Where /usr/sbin/sbox-php is the cgi wrapping program.

It's working perfectly....... Except....... .htaccess files no longer
work for anything that is rewritten to the sbox binary. So users can not
set up stuff like Basic Authentication on those scripts.

I can't think of a way around this problem without modifying the actual
Apache source code to temporarily rewrite the paths by removing
/usr/sbin/sbox-php when it's trawling the filesystem for .htaccess files

The main problem is, I'm an appauling C coder. So I'm hoping for either
an alternative solution, or a few pointers to the things that need
changing in the code. Or if I'm really lucky, a patch ;)

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes,
Mike

--