Re: [users@httpd] Virtual host not being properly handled.

matt-nc wrote:
At 02:43 AM 9/25/05 -0700, you wrote:

This seems like a stupid question, I really don't know what's going on. I thought that I had it working before, but it's not working now, and I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything that should have had any effect on the virtual hosts. My virtual host (genderoutlaws.com) is not working. It serves the default virtual host instead. The relevant sections of the httpd.conf (I think this is all that is relevant) are:

NameVirtualHost *:80

# Virtual host Default Virtual Host
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerSignature email
        ServerName www.armispiansystems.ca
        DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml
        LogLevel debug
        HostNameLookups off
</VirtualHost>

# Virtual host Gender Outlaws
<VirtualHost *:80>
        DocumentRoot /var/www/gender/html

Just wondering -- I'm using Mandriva and the default DocumentRoot is /var/www/html. Is your path to the directory correct?

The default is /var/www/html the genderoutlaws is /var/www/gender

Also in my config declarations I had to add some things.

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName blah-blah
     DocumentRoot /blah/blah/blah
     <Directory /blah/blah/blah (same as DocumentRoot)>
     Options blah blah blah
     AllowOverride All
     <ifModule mod_access.c>
          Order Allow,Deny
          Allow from all
     </ifModule>
     </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I have some features in the ``all hosts'' site, and some that are in the <VirtualHost > dirrectives. They probably should be consistantly in one place or the other. Will work on that over the next while.

And, really basic but in case it slipped your mind, do you still have a reference to the genderoutlaws in your hosts file and did you restart the httpd service after any changes?

genderoutlaws.com is in my DNS server database, and I did restart the server. I think one of the things that I was seeing was actually a problem with caching in my client rather than a problem with what was being served. The things you don't remember seem pretty minor, but they can really confuse you.

							Jessica