[users@httpd] File upload

Hi!
I have been tampering with a little problem for a few weeks now.
I run apache 2.0.54 with mod_mono and have built a httpModule for a
asp.net-mono application on my Debian machine. The module intercepts a
upload-request before it reaches the native .net module for uploading and
parsing uploaded files. The original .net module stores an upload in
memory before all has been uploaded. My stores it on disk. It works just
great and doesnt get any out of memory as before when i try uploading
large files. Anyways, the problem is that apache eats a lot of memory(ram
and swap), cant upload 50+Mb file because apache uses all the memory and
craches the server(i have 64Mb Ram and 380Mb Swap).
So my question for anyone out there is, is it possible for apache to store
upload requests on disk and so my server wont run out of memory?

Ps. Ive tryed libapreq2(cant install, and im not sure that its relevant to
my problem) and mod_disk_cache(dont know if it is relevant, but it didnt
make any difference anyway) Ds.