[users@httpd] Proxy Pass not working

Title: Message
Hi All

I installed a apache server and tomcat server in mandrake 10.1. All the request that comes to tomcat application should go through Apache server. So I created a Name-Based Virtual host so that any request comes to the tomcat application will be directed to tomcat server. I am trying to achieve this above mentioned re-direction using ProxyPass directives.

NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
 ServerName sample.aimnsw.com.au
 ServerAdmin
xxx@xxxxxx
 ProxyPass / http://localhost:9085/appname/
 ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:9085/appname/
</VirtualHost>

I try to access the tomcat application from web browser using the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 , I m getting the following error message:

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the 202.125.173.155 home page.

You can click search.gif (114 bytes) Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I would like to know if i require to do any more configuration to make the Proxy Pass directive to work

Regards
Ifham Ahsan