Re: [users@httpd] Sun+Apache+OpenSSL+LDAP+LDAPSSL

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Craig L. Ching wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a follow up on my previous post about getting Apache
> mod_auth_ldap to work with Novell e-directory.  I'm trying to build
> apache with ldaps:// support.  I'm using the following versions:
>
> OpenLDAP 2.2.28
> OpenSSL 0.9.7f
> Apache 2.0.54
>
> This is all on SunOS 5.8.
>
> When I run configure I get the following from the LDAP feature:
>
> in error_log.
>
> Is OpenLDAP expected to have ldap_ssl.h?  Or is ldap_start_tls_s support
> enough?  I'm a bit clueless about the difference between SSL and TLS, I
> just need to get a secure connection to Novell e-directory.  Anyone have
> a clue how I might get LDAP+SSL to work in Apache?  Thanks for any help!

These files are used in the Sun LDAPSDK. The message in the logfile is
misleading. OpenLDAP supports SSL but this message indicates that you have
not set the LDAPTrustedCA and LDAPTrustedCAType directives.

Point LDAPTrustedCA at the CA's cert file and set LDAPTrustedCAType to the
appropriate cert format (probably BASE64_FILE).

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_ldap.html#ldaptrustedca

You will then see the message in the error log indicate that LDAP SSL is
available.

"Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services