Re: [users@httpd] Apache checks authentication twice

Hi,

> I think you're right - the second application is really just another
> instance of the browser. This might be because you are using
> "target=_blank" in the link to force a new window. If you don't do this it
> should use the same window and so retain the credentials.

Apache produces a directory listing for this dir, so there is no target=_blank
in it.

To Aaron:
>If the AuthName of the excel directrory is different that the Authname
>of the original page, then it will prompt.  It thinks it's a different
>realm.

But there is only one AuthName, the one for the dir /srv/www/htdocs/excel.
Both IE and Excel access this dir. What do you mean by "AuthName of the
original page" ?

Regards,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus