[users@httpd] Three 2.0.53 mod_autoindex problems

Hello all:

Please direct your attention to http://concept.temple.edu/

There's 3 issues happening:

Issue 1) The icons and size columns wont disappear using
         IndexOptions +SuppressIcon +SuppressSize
         (and I suspect that if I try to suppress the <hr> tags, that will fail too.)

Issue 2) The description is not updating from AddDescription when a
         leading / is used.  I normally do not use leading slashes, but
         since I saw it in the documentation, I tried it.

         http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_autoindex.html#adddescription

The resulting output is supposed to look similar to http://concept.temple.edu/sysadmin/
(although this directory has the size listed)

My httpd.conf contains 2 separate entries: each section was commented out
at some point to see if there were conflicts; even uncommented both
sections at the same time.

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None

	<IfModule mod_include.c>
		SSIErrorMsg "Error processing Server Side Include"
	</IfModule>

# Pulled to the left for easier reading.
<IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
AddDescription "Maybe it's TMI. Maybe it will help someone. This is what happened to me before I was diagnosed." 	anxiety
AddDescription "Things I collect.  Duh." 										/usr/local/apache/htdocs/collectables
AddDescription "Always a work in progress." 										/familytree
AddDescription "The jokes are back!" 											/IT
AddDescription "Scott Birl's previously official website." 								/joda
AddDescription "A comprehensive guide to running UNIX on NT/2000 (as well as securing NT/2000)." 			/nUtNIX
AddDescription "Odds-n-Ends (OddzEnNs). Random things for search engines to archive." 					/oddzenns
AddDescription "Information about Ogal Finklestein and the 2nd GrandPooba of WISENESS" 					/Ogal_Finklestein.shtml
AddDescription "Rants (for now)." 											/soapbox
AddDescription "Some computer system administration stuff." 								/sysadmin

IndexOptions +SuppressIcon +SuppressSize
</IfModule>
</Directory>

<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
	Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
	AllowOverride None

	<IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
		# Default IndexOptions for all directories - this works
		IndexOptions DescriptionWidth=* FancyIndexing IgnoreCase IgnoreClient NameWidth=* SuppressColumnSorting SuppressHTMLPreamble VersionSort
		# Should only affect the root directory
		IndexOptions +SuppressIcon +SuppressSize
	</IfModule>

	<IfModule mod_speling.c>
		CheckSpelling on
	</IfModule>

	# SSI parsing of non-shtml files
	<IfModule mod_include.c>
		XBitHack on
	</IfModule>
</Directory>

In general IndexOptions and AddDescription works everywhere else, but not
when it comes to the root web directory.

Definitely not a caching problem.

Issue 3) Since I have
          AddDescription "script: UNIX shell script" .sh .csh. ksh .tcsh

.shtml are listed as "script: UNIX shell script"

Why?  I saw no mention in the docs that I would need to anchor partial
filenames (ie: .sh$)

Thanks
 Birl

Please do not CC me responses to my own posts.
I'll read the responses on the list.

Archives   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/