Re: [users@httpd] Writing Apache modules in Python

On Thursday 08 September 2005 14:52, Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am a newbie to mod_python (I have programmed in Python before) and
> having trouble understanding if using mod_python or one of the related
> projectes (such as mod_snake which seems to be dea) I can actually develop
> Apache modules in Python.

Your question hinges on the definition of an apache module.  mod_python
exposes some but not all of the Apache API to python scripts.  So, for a
definition of modules that includes scripts, you can write some but not
all types of module.

If you want parts of the API that aren't available under mod_python, then
bug the mod_python developers with specific questions.

--
Nick Kew