[users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy slow

Hi Apache guru

My configuration is:
client -> Cisco CSM/SSLM -> Apache reverse proxy -> Cisco CSM/SSLM ->
Tomcat
       https             http                   https             http

I am using Apache 2.0.52 on RedHat Linux Enterprise 4
In described configuration client response is very slow, images loading
slow, it takes about 30-35 sec for client to load a page.
When I am avoiding second level of SSLM(Cisco hardware ssl module),
everything works just fine.
For example if I load SSL cert on Tomcat server or just use HTTP from
Apache reverse proxy to Tomcat, responce is very fast. The same happened
if I avoid Apachec reverse proxy and try to access Tomcat VIP
directly(in this case SSLM doesn't cause any slowness). But when I
terminate SSL on SSLM(which is SSL proxy), the responce is very slow.
Soin other words, slowness happened ONLY if I use
ApacheReverseProxy->CSM/SSLM->Tomcat

Does anyone have any idea? I am running out of my mind trying to solve a
problem

Sincerely,
Dmitry

Dmitry Krilov
Portal Engineer
OntarioMD
416.623.1248 Ext. 5375
dmitry.krilov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail message may contain confidential and privileged information for the addressee and is intended solely for the recipient's use. If you are not the addressee, you have received this e-mail in error. Please delete this and notify the sender immediatley. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.